Sunday 9 November 2014

The End of Doctor Who!!!


So with the finale of series 8 of Doctor Who airing yesterday I give my thoughts on the episode and the series as a whole.
Were you satisfied with Death in Heaven or do you wish Doctor Who would just die a death? I thought that Death in Heaven left more questions than it gave answers. Why did the Master regenerate? How did Danny Pink get converted in to a Cyberman when he was lying on a morgue table? Since when do the Cybermen fly? The list could go on and on.
I thought the episode was a train wreck. I wasn't at all emotionally engaged. I was like a Cyberman, no emotion what so ever. I've been on the edge of my seat with previous series finales. Take Army of Ghosts and Doomsday for example. I was gripped from start to finish. With Death in Heaven I could care less. It is my opinion that it was a badly written episode that trampled over Doctor Who lore and history. It was a disrespectful attempt to try and freshen up the show. Steven Moffat turned the Brigadier into a Cyberman. He gave the Cybermen the ability to fly (and by the way I am now dubbbing them Cyironmen).
This has been by far the weakest series of Doctor Who since it returned to our screens nearly 10 years a go, but Peter Capaldi is an absolute fantastic incarnation of our favourite Time Lord. Its just a shame that he didn't get many good episodes. I think Steven Moffat should pass the Doctor Who head writing duties over now and let somebody else have a crack at the whip (I'm hoping its Mark Gatiss). The stand out episodes for me were Into The Dalek, Robots of Sherwood, Listen, The Caretaker and Flatline. Lets hope that series 9 (that is rumoured to start filming in January) is much better and returns Doctor Who to its former glory.
Let me know your thoughts. What did you think of series 8? Are you looking forward to the Christmas special? And what do you want to see in series 9?

Until next time

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment