Sunday 11 January 2015

Exciting Things Happening In 2015


So the new year is upon us (OK so I'm a bit late) and we already have a ton of stuff going on the the world of Doctor Who. This year marks the 10th anniversary since the Doctor and the Tardis returned to our screens and what a triumphant return it was. The new show was headed up by the brilliant Russell T Davies and the newest incarnation of the Doctor was played by the 'fantastic' (pun intended) Christopher Eccleston, with Billie Piper playing his new companion Rose Tyler. 2005 also saw the Return of the Doctor's greatest enemy (as voted by you the fans) the Daleks and how could Doctor Who return without the Daleks?
Well you see this almost happened, because you see the BBC doesn't own the rights to the Daleks, but thankfully the BBC managed to come to an arrangement that meant they could indeed appear again to terrorise the Doctor and the universe. Sadly fellow Whovians Russell T Davies has recently stated that he "isn't going to be involved in any sort of 10th anniversary celebrations of any kind" as he feels that "it would confuse matters since we've not long had the 50th anniversary", which kinda makes sense. When asked if he would return to Doctor Who he said "every year Steven asks me, but I've moved on from Doctor Who now and I'm concentrating on my own stuff".


In other Who news, Jenna Louise Coleman is now staying on as Clara for series 9 at least as she feels Clara and the Doctor have unfinished business. The first episode of series 9 will be titled 'The Magician's Apprentice' and I'm theorise that has something to do with Clara joining the Doctor again as a full time companion in the Tardis. The Doctor being the Magician and Clara being the apprentice.
This year is set to be big for me and the world of WhoFan86. I already have a YouTube channel ready to start uploading Doctor Who related content including news, product reviews, episode reviews, video diaries, convention visits etc and I also have a WhoFan86 twitter feed to keep everybody updated with the latest goings on in the world of Doctor Who. Eventually I will be running the occasional competition with prizes so keep a look out for those. I will put a link to my twitter feed and my YouTube channel below. Please feel free to subscribe and follow for all the latest Doctor Who info. Thanks for reading and until next time.

Andy

https://mobile.twitter.com/whofan86

WHOFAN86 Teaser Trailer: http://youtu.be/IhKTM8oJ_oY

No comments:

Post a Comment